Content of the material
- Texting Do’s and Don’ts
- Do: Take the initiative and text him first.
- Don’t: Send him one-word messages.
- Do: Ask him questions to give him room to respond.
- Or A Double Date
- Phase 2: Shit Testing You
- Post navigation
- #2: Best example of what to text her first
- Suggest A Vague Plan
- 2. Focus on your real goals
- Encourage her to respond
- Don’t Text Late At Night
- Cute, Flirty Sassy Text Messages To Send To A Guy
- Make An Impression
- #8: What to send her after ‘hello’
- Latests Posts
- 9. You have inside jokes
- Funny Text Messages That Will Make Him Laugh
- 6. He texts you first thing in the morning
- How can you tell if he likes you through texting?
- Don’t Wait To Text Him
- Recent Posts
- Naughty Texts That Will Make Him Want You Badly
- Want to Know the SECRET to Success With Women?
Texting Do’s and Don’ts
Do: Take the initiative and text him first
A lot of the time, waiting for him to text you first is a fine strategy. It cloaks you in an air of intrigue, and makes him want to chase you.
But when you’ve just met a guy, you’re in this unusually delicate stage. That’s why it’s more appropriate to take the initiative here and send him a text first.
Don’t be shy. He’ll be blown away by your boldness.
Confidence is always sexy, and we guarantee you’ll draw him in by reaching out to him on your own.
Don’t: Send him one-word messages
Sometimes, we don’t always know what to say in response to something. When you’re a little tongue-tied, you might be tempted to send him a text that’s only one word or letter like the dreaded “k.”
Answers like these are cold. Aside from leaving the guy shivering from your coldness, you’ll have destroyed any potential for the conversation to continue.
If you don’t know what else to say, consider changing the subject. Ask him a question in response, for example.
Even adding something as simple as a single emoji to a one-word text can greatly soften the tone.
Do: Ask him questions to give him room to respond
It’s always easier to figure out what to say next when you’ve been asked a question. Think about some of the best conversations you ever had.
They likely began with a single question, which spiraled out into dozens of side topics.
You can transform yourself into a brilliant conversationalist by asking questions, too. It will raise the chances of him answering, and show to him that you’re truly interested in him and what he has to say.
This doesn’t mean interrogate him. Don’t send him question after question after question, or he might get the feeling you’re taking notes.
After one question, read over his answer. He’ll probably have given you something you can respond in kind with, such as commenting on his answer or supplementing it with your own answer in response to the original question.
Read Also: What to Text a Guy to Get Him to Respond
Or A Double Date
—Sarah M., 23, Needham, MA
The relationship expert says: “There’s an idea that women are bigger social coordinators—and that’s the role she took on here. She was also direct, which could be a bit of a risk, but at least she’d know where he stands either way.”
Phase 2: Shit Testing You
Ah, at last – you’ve made it past the infamous “ghosting” phase, and she’s finally starting to text you back. This will usually take the form of her testing your frame, to see how strong youare.
We’ve already covered how to pass shit tests before, but here’s a brief recap. A shit test is when a girl tests you, to see how confident you are. It can take many forms.
Over text, it can often take the form of playing hard to get. Funny enough, you can even interpret Phase 1 as a shit test. She’s testing to see if you can keep your cool.
Some common forms of text shit testing might be if she sends you the following:
- “How many girls are you texting right now?”
- “Do you say that to every girl?”
- “So, what makes me different than the other girls?”
If she does shit test you, it’s a good sign. Girls only test men they’re interested in, so you should welcome the shit test, and be glad that she sent it.
As always, you pass them by either amplifying the frame, or re-framing it. If she asks you how many girls you’ve texted right now, tell her “You’re the 5,837,912th today. This is like a full time job, I swear.” Anything to keep the mood light and to tease her works.
PreviousWhy Does He Keep Contacting Me If He Doesn’t Want A Relationship?
Next 21 Conversation Starters For A First Date (Spark Chemistry Every time)
#2: Best example of what to text her first
Let me tell you the #1 principle that makes or breaks your fist message to a woman you just met.
The secret to a great first text after getting her number, is this:
It looks like gibberish to outsiders.
Let me phrase that differently:
If strangers can understand your first text at a glance, it’s bad.
But if they need a decoder ring, it’s good.
Hey, nice to meet you last night ?
Bad. Anyone can understand that text.
I ran into eyepatch this morning, he said to tell you “honka honka”
Good. Nobody but her can understand that text.
Let me explain the logic behind this first text principle.
The more personalized your first text:
- The more it makes you stand out
- The more it makes her feel connected to you. After all, it’s a secret language she only speaks with you
- The more like she’ll reply
Honestly, I’ve never been ignored after I sent a girl a super personalized first text.
Here’s an example of a text that only two people in the world can understand, me and her:
Inside jokes galore.
So if you really want to create a great first text message, create some inside jokes.
Suggest A Vague Plan
Women’s Health—Olivia J., 24, San Francisco, CA
The relationship expert says: “She made it kind of open-ended and vague—and didn’t give away that she’s free 100 percent of the weekend. When women are overly specific, they can get really tied up. I invited him surfing Saturday but he hasn’t replied. Should I leave Saturday open? The fact she put ‘?!’ also conveyed enthusiasm for surfing, putting the emphasis more on the fun the activity—something she might do anyway—as opposed to it all being about getting together with him.”
2. Focus on your real goals
Don’t forget that texting isn’t your main goal. Messaging with your cellphone or by any other communicator is used solely to get her out on a date with you. That’s all.
Minutes in real life are worth more than a thousand text messages. I advise trying to meet up with any girl your texting as soon as possible, to avoid wasting time on girls who only want to text for fun.
Encourage her to respond
Whenever you send her messages, check if they encourage her to respond.
Leave a question at the end of your text message that maintains the conversation, for example:
– “Ps. You know what this cool theatre on the corner of Baker Street is called?”
You see, now it’s easy to make a transition and go to this place together.
Don’t Text Late At Night
While there are some do’s and don’ts if you want to text a guy at night, try to avoid texting a guy you just met. Don’t pester the guy day and night. Give him some space to process all his feelings. And if he is giving short replies, then don’t get worried and bombard him with text messages. Guys are usually slow in understanding their feelings. Wait for atleast 24 hrs before you send him a follow up text.
Cute, Flirty Sassy Text Messages To Send To A Guy
- Should this conversation be a) friendly, b) flirty, or C) sexy?
- Be honest. What was your first impression of me? Because you’re even cuter than I thought you’d be.
- How’d you get to be so cute?
- I have to confess I don’t always make the best flirt, but I will seduce you with my awkwardness. …Is it working yet?..;)
- I think you’re super hot, but I thought I’d check your grammar skills over text first….;)
- I wore the cutest outfit today. Too bad you didn’t get to see it.
- Do you think guys should always make the first move?
- Our first kiss is going to be epic, don’t you think?
- No more games, are we going to get strait to the flirting or what…;)
- What’s the cheesiest pick up line you’ve ever heard?
- Trust me, I’m worth the wait.
- Do you believe in lust at first sight or should I walk past you one more time?
- Any idea what I’m thinking about right now?…;)
- I can’t sleep. I blame you.
- What emoji do you usually use when you’re flirting?
- You’re lucky you’re so cute…it’s why I keep you around….;)
- Serious question…Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? (Trick question the only and obvious answer is brunch.)
- We should really have this conversation in person, instead.
- Texting is good, but when can I lay my eyes on those muscles of yours?
- Would you rather make the first move on a date or let your date make the first move?
Make An Impression
You might take issue with the boldness and cockiness of my opener above. After all, shouldn’t you instead say “it was a pleasure to meet you?” What I said goes against traditional advice and could be taken as an insult!
But, remember what I said earlier: attractive, single women get a ton of attention. Guys hit on them every time they walk out the door. They get random messages on social media daily. And, if they are on Tinder or other dating apps, they can easily get 500+ matches in a matter of days. The odds are stacked against men online and you must be at your best.
If you want to get noticed and stick out in her mind, you have to make an impression. You can’t be like the 500+ other guys competing for her attention on a regular basis. I’ve seen the inboxes of hot women. 95% of messages are creepy, dumb, or boring. The vast, vast majority are simply “hey.”
You make an impression by being bold and being unique. This can look a little different depending on your personality and hers. But, generally speaking bold and unique mean you’re going to be funny, a little edgy, and find a way to set yourself apart.
Since you already met her, your “opener” doesn’t have to blow her out of the park (like with online dating). But, you do want to, through your first few messages, let her know that you’re funny, bold, and interesting.
#8: What to send her after ‘hello’
Learn how to keep the conversation going while making her excited for the date.
Women are tired of the same old small talk questions.
What do you do for a living?
Where are you from?
Why does Shrek wear the same outfit as Han Solo?
The last question is obviously a joke. (And is probably not a bad question to ask if she’s a bit of a nerd.)
So how do you have a fun conversation with a girl after you get her number?
Note: we already went over first texts and humor, scroll up in case you skipped class.
This tip is all about getting to know her better, while standing out from the interview-dudes.
And rather than giving you a formula to create your questions, you’ll get a series of questions my coaches and I use on dates.
Which work just as well via text.
Here it comes:
What would you like more people to know about you?
What’s the first thing you noticed about me?
What outfit do you wear if you want to look sexy?
If you could pick a movie for us to watch, what would you choose?
Would you rather Win $50,000 or let your best friend win $500,000?
What’s the dankest meme you have on your phone?
Would you rather receive oral or give oral?
How many 4th graders do you think you can take on at once?
What dating advice would you give your younger self?
What’s something you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t yet?
If you could be a man for a day, what’s the first thing you’d do?
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would that be?
What’s your favorite way to be seduced?
What’s the dirtiest thought you’ve ever had about a stranger?
What’s the weirdest thing that turns you on?
That’s 15 questions.
If you want even more, check out my article with over a 100 questions!
It’s called Best Tinder Questions.
Sometimes, despite your best efforts, she doesn’t respond.
So what do you do when you…
9. You have inside jokes
It is so nice to have someone who just gets you. You feel so special when that sibling or a friend who knows you really well send you just one line over text and gets you to belly laugh. When the guy you are interested in starts doing the same, he likely has a thing for you. He might send messages using bitmojis or emojis that are only funny to the two of you. His inside jokes might reference a time you were hanging out or a special nickname for you.
Nicknames are a major flirting tool. It’s his way of being cute and connecting with you, or creating something intimate that only you share. If he gives you a nickname and uses it often, he’s trying to create that close connection with you.
Funny Text Messages That Will Make Him Laugh
People say that a good sense of humor is the best way to a man’s heart.
If you ask me what to text a guy to get his attention, I would say that these texts below are exactly what you need.
Use any of these texts as a conversation starter, add some funny emojis at the end of your message and you’ll get a reply faster than you think. Of course, you can always send a funny meme or pic or even a silly selfie that will go perfectly with your text.
1. Thank God I’m wearing gloves because you’re too hot to handle.
2. Where is my strong pickle jar opener when I need him?
3. Even though I love wearing my granny panties, tonight I’m wearing something a little riskier.
4. Got to go on a girls’ night out. Drunk-text you later? Lol.
5. I’m not going to lie, you’re hotter than the bottom of my laptop after I’ve watched way too much Netflix.
6. Just read that caffeine can boost a woman’s libido. Is that why you keep inviting me for coffee?
7. Imagine that my bed is a football field. I’m the football and you’re running for a touchdown. See, I do like sports!
8. I really miss you (but probably not as much as you miss me. I’m pretty awesome).
9. I’m in my bed, you’re in your bed… One of us is in the wrong place.
10. Been thinking about you… and it hasn’t all been PG.
11. I’m making the first move when it comes to texting, so I’m expecting you to make the first move when it comes to kissing.
12. Now that I’ve officially texted you, I’m going to be obsessively staring at my phone, waiting for it to beep, so don’t keep me waiting.
13. I think our lips should have a meeting. ASAP.
6. He texts you first thing in the morning
To get that special text right when you wake up is an awesome feeling. It means he’s thinking about you right when he wakes up and you make him smile. You are the first thing on his mind and he’s excited to say hello before he starts his day.
How can you tell if he likes you through texting?
Long texts are a great sign he likes you. It means he wants to get to know you and talk to you.
Compliments are another positive indicator that he’s interested in you, as are flirty or excessive emojis! Questions about your day and you show he cares.
Guys generally aren’t as open with their feelings as girls, and he may play hard to get. It might be easier for you to be open about your feelings first.
He may be waiting for you to make a move, as expressing feelings can feel vulnerable if unrequited.
This can feel like game playing, but sometimes it’s better to just go for it and let him know how you feel, instead of wasting time! As they say, life’s too short.
Don’t Wait To Text Him
If you are interested in him, then never wait to text him first. If you wait longer to text him, he will start thinking that you are not interested in him. According to dating experts, it is better if you text him on the same day or the next day. But don’t show yourself as a desperate woman.
Another reason not to delay is that even he could be waiting for your text. If both of you are waiting for each other to text first, then your relationship may die even before it starts. So take the bold step and text him first. He might even respect and appreciate your confidence.
Also Read: What To Text Your Boyfriend When You Miss Him? 50+ Cute Missing You Messages For Him
But remember to keep your text short and to-the-point. If your texts are vague, then you might not get the response that you are waiting for.
“I really enjoyed today. We should go out again sometime.”
This clearly shows that you are interested in him and any doubts that the guy might have about you will be cleared. It will also give the guy green signal to set up future dates.
- 75+ Texts to Make Him Think About You All Day
- 75+ Texts to Make Him Miss You (For Long Distance Relationships)
- How to Get Your Ex Boyfriend Back Fast (10 Steps)
- What To Do When He Pulls Away (To Get Him Back FAST)
- 15 Reasons Why Men Come Back Months Later
Naughty Texts That Will Make Him Want You Badly
Sexting is also a great way to keep the spark alive in your relationship, especially if you’re in a long-distance relationship. However, it’s also one of the best ways to grab the attention of the man you like.
The truth is that the best answer to the question ‘What to text a guy to get his attention?’ is definitely a sexy text. However, you should be careful with these texts because they might make him think that you’re only looking for a hookup.
If those are your intentions or you simply want to make him want you badly, these dirty, sexy texts are the right choice for you. I’m sure that a follow-up text will come right away.
1. There’s a huge sale going on in my bedroom right now. All clothes are 100% off, it’s a limited-time offer.
2. I’m fantasizing about you right now. Want to come over and make my fantasies a reality?
3. I know you had a long day, so why don’t you come over and I’ll give you a back massage… naked.
4. Work is going very slowly today, because I can’t stop thinking about all the fun we had last night. Can’t wait for a repeat session.
5. The thoughts I was having about you were so dirty that I had to take a shower.
6. You should probably clear your schedule for tomorrow morning because I plan on staying up late with you tonight. Very late.
7. When I come home, I want those pants off and you waiting for me in bed/the kitchen.
8. If you were here right now I would tear your clothes off and shove you onto my bed and have my way with you. But you’re not, so… rain check?
9. Thinking about you touching me literally turns me on.
10. Let’s get one thing straight. When we meet later on, there will be no foreplay.
11. Hey, just wanted to let you know that if you’re ever having a hard time, like a really hard time, I’m there for you. I mean, I can give you a hand… or something.
12. I knew something was missing today… Know what it was? You between my thighs.
13. You’re in my (NSFW) thoughts.
14. Let me be clear: When I see you later, I’m going to undress you, button by button. I’m going to unzip your pants and take them off, leg by leg. I’m going to take off your boxers and throw them against the wall. What happens next is all up to you.
15. I have a mystery for you but I’ll give you a clue. Tonight, I’m gonna make you the special guest between my legs.
16. Should I wear a short skirt or a really short skirt tonight?
17. Why don’t you come over later? I bought a new bra and I need someone’s second opinion.
18. Can’t stop thinking about your mouth and your hands in places they shouldn’t be.
19. You were screaming some filthy words last night. Want to do it again tonight?
20. You are so hot, even my pants are falling for you.
21. I am sooo hungry right now… And the thing is…I don’t want food.
22. Congrats. You’ve leveled up. I won’t be holding back the next time I see you. Prepare yourself!
23. Hey… I feel really odd now. I just took a bath, and I feel so mischievous. How are you?
24. Excuse my curiosity, but what kind of underwear do you like to see on a woman?
Want to Know the SECRET to Success With Women?
Watch this hidden video where Dan exposes his BIGGEST secret to success with women, which allows you to easily get laid or get a girlfriend.