Content of the material
- From: spoofing
- How to deal with Gmail not receiving emails from one person?
- Quick reply or forward
- Key Methods to Fix Gmail Account Not Receiving Emails:
- Method 1:
- Method 2: Try to Open Gmail on Different Browser
- Method 3: Try Checking the Gmail Storage
- Method 4: Delete Email Filters
- Method 5: Turn Off Email Forwarding
- Method 6: Turn Off Firewalls
- Method 7: Check Whether Your Gmail Server Is Down or Live
- Method 8: You must keep track of your emails, as they should not go in another folder.
- Method 9: You must make sure that your accounts are set up correctly
- Ways to do it on a Computer’s Web Browser
- Method 10: Disable your Antivirus Program
- Method 11: Make sure you do establish and connect to a strong internet connection
- Method 12: Keep track of Google Admin Console
- Method 13: Take help from Google Support
- What to do about it
What you’re seeing is called “spoofing” (or more correctly “From: spoofing“): sending email appearing as if it’s coming From: someone that it isn’t.
Spammers hide their email’s origin, and do so very effectively. Spoofing is used in almost all spam you see.
And it’s quite easy.
The From: address is meaningless on spam — it tells you absolutely nothing.
There’s nothing in the email protocol requiring that the From: line of a message has anything to do with the message’s true origin. To discover the true origin requires more detailed analysis of email headers (which you normally don’t see), and even then, at best you might be able to get the IP address of the computer sending the email.
And as I’ve discussed ad nauseam, the IP address is pretty much useless to you and me.
That you’re seeing your email address in the From: field of spam shouldn’t alarm you. It might be annoying, but there’s no need to worry about it. You’re already on spammer’s lists to get spam, and they’re using that same list, or variations of it, to select which addresses to use when spoofing.
Currently, there is no effective way to stop them.
How to deal with Gmail not receiving emails from one person?
Step 1: Check out if the email was delivered to Google
- First of all, you are supposed to sign in to your Google Admin Console.
- Now, from the admin console Home page, you must go to the Reports and then email log search.
- Just next to the date, you are required to select a date range from the list.
- Now, in the search fields, you can enter any information that you have.
- Then, click on the search button.
- Now, under subject or message ID, you are supposed to click on any subjects to see message details and also the delivery status.
Step 2: You can contact the sender of the missing message
In case the missing message never reached Google’s servers, you can contact the sender and ask them to verify that what happened to the message.
- Firstly, you must check their send mail and drafts
- In case the email isn’t there, the possibility is maybe they had deleted it before they sent it
- Now, you must check to see if they received any delivery error or bounce message
- Then, wait for a few hours to see if they get a delivery error message
Missing Messages from a Web Form
If there are default settings in the web form, it might mean that your form handles messages just like your website and mail servers are hosted at the same place. As an outcome, your local mail would not leave your web host.
- Now, you must replace the recipient’s email address in the web form with their test email address in this format: ‘username@your_domain.test-google-a.com’
- For further details, you can also see Test Email Addresses.
- Also, sending mail to the test alias because of an external MX Lookup for the webform.
- If the test email receives the message from the web form, it signifies that the issue is resolved completely.
You can use a test email alias to find out
You can contact your web host. Probably, your host might require you to make adjustments in your form’s delivery settings to always route your messages to Google’s servers. If required, you can simply direct them to your MX Record Values.
In this way, you can resolve the issue that most of the Gmail users say, my Gmail isn’t receiving emails anymore. These are the steps you are supposed to follow. If you read this and then implement the steps carefully, you can contact the experts at Gmail Phone number.
Quick reply or forward
You can reply to the sender or to all participants of the correspondence from the message reading page.
If you want to reply to some participants of the correspondence only, click the quick reply form, select Open the full reply form and remove the recipients you don't want to send the message to.
To forward a message, click Forward at the bottom of the page.
Key Methods to Fix Gmail Account Not Receiving Emails:
- Firstly, you are supposed to configure your Gmail Account
- Thereafter, you must wait for some time and then set up the email Wizard
- Then, you are supposed to click on the tools button which is in the red color
- As soon as you are done with the above steps, you are supposed to select an email account which is shown in blue color
- After that select an email account
- Now, from mailing account dialog box, you are supposed to click on the add button
- If your account is already listed, you are supposed to choose your account
- Click on remove and then on the add button
- Next, you are supposed to click on the option of ‘let me configure the settings of Gmail myself’
- At last, click on the Next button
- Next, click on the Gmail option
- Do not forget to click on your username
- Then, click on the password
- After that, click on the Next button
- Make sure you click on sign-in option
Method 2: Try to Open Gmail on Different Browser
If your Gmail is not receiving emails into your inbox, you may try opening your account in a different browser. Check if you start receiving emails into your account.
Method 3: Try Checking the Gmail Storage
You will no longer be receiving any emails if your Gmail account does not have free space. In order to check the storage, open your Google drive where users must have registered at the time of their account opening.
Try clicking on the Upgrade Storage in Google Drive to open the page showing the current storage status. The maximum free storage capacity for Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos is 15 GB all together.
Therefore, users might want to free up some space, if they have reached the maximum limit. To do that, follow steps down below.
- Open your Gmail account in your browser.
- Select some emails to delete and click the delete button.
- Click more on the left of Gmail’s tab.
- Then, click Bin to open it.
- Now, select the Empty Bin now option to delete the emails.
Method 4: Delete Email Filters
Email filtering is one such process that to organize emails according to specified criteria. It could be the reason for diverting emails into different folders. Users can delete it by moving through the settings button.
Click Filters and block addresses, then select all filters listed down. After that, click the Delete button to remove all filters.
Method 5: Turn Off Email Forwarding
Users need to disable Gmail’s email forwarding to receive messages. To do that,
- Click the Settings button in Gmail.
- Now, select Forwarding and POP/IMAP to open that tab.
- Click the Disable forwarding option.
- Click the save changes option.
Method 6: Turn Off Firewalls
Antivirus software includes firewalls that can block emails in Gmail. So, you must try removing antivirus utilities from the system through Task Manager. To do this,
- Open your Task Manager.
- Select the Start-up tab and click on the antivirus tab.
- Now, click on the Disable button to remove antivirus utilities from Start-up.
Method 7: Check Whether Your Gmail Server Is Down or Live
The most dreadful thing ever could happen to access your Gmail account if it’s down. To check how long it would have been down, you should visit the website – Downdetector.com, you can try accessing this link on your PC, Android, or iPhone device. If the Gmail server is down, you may notice several glitches might come in your way while accessing your mail account. You may get the issue of not receiving emails from Gmail or in other words, not receiving Gmail what used to get emails.
Method 8: You must keep track of your emails, as they should not go in another folder
If you are stuck and want to find out why I am not receiving emails on Gmail, then you must know that maybe your emails are going into another folder. It is true that Gmail has an automatic system that filters your emails into your different folders, which ultimately means that if you are waiting for an email from any new sender, there is a possibility it is marked as spam, and so you are facing issues like Gmail not receiving emails.
- Now, you can open your spam folder just by clicking or tapping spam in the left sidebar of Gmail. In case you do find the email that you have looking for in the spam folder, you are just supposed to open it and select Report, not spam, or move to inbox.
- If not there, then you are supposed to check out the ‘all mail’ folder, which has every mail you have received; the folder has every email.
- You can also check out your Trash folder, as there is a chance that you have deleted the mail mistakenly.
- In case if you find many important emails are getting filtered just into another folder, you have to make sure that you do not have a filter accidentally blocking your emails.
If you wish to find out the answer to the questions like why is Gmail not receiving emails, then you are supposed to follow a few important instructions such as:
- First of all, you are expected to open Gmail. Now, you must click on the gear icon, which is located at the top-right corner.
- Next, you should click on see all settings.
- After that, you are expected to choose filters and the blocked address tab to see all your Gmail Filters.
- And then, at last, you are supposed to review the filters and choose to delete them for anyone whom you wish to remove.
By following the above-stated steps, you can simply find out the reasons behind Gmail not receiving emails.
Method 9: You must make sure that your accounts are set up correctly
To resolve issues like Gmail not receiving emails, you are expected to follow and implement a few important instructions that are given below:
- Firstly, you must open settings
- Then, you are required to scroll down to the mail
- Now, you must tap accounts and then click on Add Account
- You are required to choose the email provider you use and then sign into the designated account
- Now, once the signed in process is done, your Gmail account must be linked to your Phone’s app
Ways to do it on a Computer’s Web Browser
- First of all, you are expected to open Gmail
- Then, you must click on the gear icon, which is located at the top-right corner
- Now, you should click on ‘see all settings’
- Then, you must choose the forwarding and POP/IMAP tab
- Now, you must scroll down to IMAP Access, and then you should click on Enable IMAP.
By following such steps, you can simply find out the ways to fix not receiving emails from Gmail.
Method 10: Disable your Antivirus Program
In order to resolve Gmail not receiving emails, you are expected to follow the steps that are mentioned. However, you should know that this step could be only performed who are already using IMAP on desktop clients or Windows.
However, there are few Antivirus Programs that have an email filtering feature, which filters out emails which your Antivirus suspects might have a potential virus or any malicious files. Now, you are supposed to disable this feature from your Antivirus Program, so either refresh Gmail or you can simply ask the sender to resend the email again.
Alternatively, you can also disable your Antivirus Program from running on startup with the help of Task Manager, Have a look!
- In the beginning, you are supposed to press Ctrl+Shift+Esc in order to open up the Task Manager
- Now, you are required to go to ‘startups’ and then look for your Antivirus Software
- Next, you must right-click your Antivirus program and then choose ‘Disable’ from the running startup
- Now, you must restart your computer and find out if the issue is fixed
You can ask the sender to resend the email again. Once you are done, you must turn on your Antivirus. Now, you can let it run on startup again just by repeating the steps and clicking on ‘enable.’
Method 11: Make sure you do establish and connect to a strong internet connection
Obviously, you do need a good internet connection to proceed. In case your internet connection is slow or sluggish, then surely Gmail will have severe issues receiving emails. However, to resolve Gmail not receiving emails, you are expected to take a speed test on your computer or phone in order to check out whether your connection is slow or not.
Suppose the issue still persists, then you are supposed to disconnect from the internet and reconnect again. You might have to manually reset your internet router, or you can also try using another device to check your email.
Method 12: Keep track of Google Admin Console
This step usually works for users who have an email registered under a business or GSuite Subscription. If your email does not end with ‘@gmail.com,’ then this is something you must try.
- Firstly, you can take help from any of the administrators, just to go admin.google.com.
- And then, find your email address.
- Now, they can track all the emails that are directed to you that were sent or uploaded on Google’s Server, even if the email did not reach your account.
- In case the email could not be found on Google’s servers, then definitely the issue is with the sender.
Method 13: Take help from Google Support
Now, when everything fails, you can always get in touch with the Google Support system. Also, indeed it is important to note that you must not look for Google’s number on their official contact page. You must know that there is plenty of fake Google Support Team, so make sure you do take precautions.
What to do about it
There’s nothing you can do to prevent From: spoofing.
Spammers can put whatever they like in the From: line. If they want to put your email address there, they can.
The good news is, most automated spam filters realize the uselessness of the From: line, and probably won’t start blocking the email you send because some spammer happens to be using your address. Naturally, some people might not realize this, and they could try blocking you, but given that spammers spam everyone, the chances that it’s someone you know or care about is pretty slim.
The only thing you can do is to keep doing whatever it is you do to control spam. Typically, that’s marking spam as spam and moving on with your life.